Friday, March 10, 2006

Writely, meet DOA Ultimate

Google bought a small Silicon Valley company, Upstartle, which brought their service Writely.com to the public eye. I hadn't heard about this before. I'm guessing Microsoft is cursing quite a bit right now. This steps clearly onto Microsoft Office's toes. Which makes one wonder why they haven't come up with an online solution like this.

I signed up for a Writely account immediately. Still, there's a nagging thought of how much of my information do I want Google to have? Up to now they've done a splendid job with it, though (613 MB of email and this blog).

In completely unrelated news, I played me some Dead Or Alive Ultimate at a friend's house the other night. I like DOA3 plenty, but Ultimate is so much better. The graphics are roughly the same quality; there's some trendy glow and some anti-aliasing and the arenas are more detailed, but that's about it.

However, the game system puts DOA3 to shame. No more cheap holds and throws. I managed to land something like one hold per three matches, whereas in DOA3 the one who attacks tends to be the one to lose, due to the easy holds. It's a fundamentally better experience now. An obligatory purchase for my Xbox shelf.

No comments: